- 2 aubergines
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 green squash
- 2 medium white onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8-ounce package raw baby spinach
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- Slice the aubergine, yellow squash and green squash into one-inch pieces. Cut the onion into one-inch wedges. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and salt lightly. Let the salted vegetables rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cut the celery cross-wise into thin slices and cut the tomatoes into half-inch chunks.
- Rinse the salted vegetables and dry them with a clean dishtowel. Return them to the bowl and mix in the olive oil.
- Arrange the oiled vegetables on a very hot grill. Once they have browned and become slightly soft, transfer them to a large bowl and mix them with spinach, tomato, celery, rosemary, lemon juice, paprika and black pepper.
- Best served with fresh-baked bread.